Voting Rating: 4.5 / 2 votes

About Me

My photo
Nick and I got married on June 18th 2004 and have two beautiful girls. Alivia who is 4 and McKenzie who is 2 . We bought a house in Syracuse Ut. and love it here.

Autumn background

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kali Merle Madsen 6lbs. 14oz.

Kali Merle Madsen was born on Aug. 5, 2011. It all started the day before when I went in to see Dr. Bailey like I always do every once or twice a week. I have been having really high blood pressure so each week I would go to see him, get a non stress test and most of the time a ultra sound as well. On the 4th I went in and I could get my blood pressure to go down so we nearly started me that night but in the end he decided to start me at 6:00 the next morning. Nick had been on the mountain cooking dinner for the growers for Norbest Turkey so when he got home and I told him we were going in the morning to have her he didn't know if he was quite ready yet.(I was still not due for another 3 weeks). Me on the other hand had been ready for a really long time. They started me and everything went really well. Everything that I was afraid of that would go wrong didn't and at 4:25 p.m. after what the Dr. said was a grunt Kali was finally here. She has brought so much happiness into all of our lives. She really has been a perfect baby. The only time that she cries is when she is Hungary and for the past week she has been only waking up once if that in the night. Alivia and McKenzie absolutely love her.(Which makes it really hard at times) Kenzie is always trying to hug and kiss her and when I tell her to back off a little bit she always just tells me "but I love her" We named her Kali because Nick and I both liked the name as well as both livie and kenzie. We gave her the middle name Merle after my Grandma McKee she is the only Grandparent that Nick and I have left and is truly one of the most amazing women that I have ever known.
Nick is getting Kali ready to leave the Hospital. She really doesn't like to be dressed that much every time you change her she grunts the whole time.
Finally after she got all dressed and put into her car seat she went to sleep really quick, then slept the whole way home to meet my mom and girls just getting home from church.

I just had to take a picture of her sleeping. This is the first night at home. Oh how I love this little princess.
Here is a picture of Kali at one week old. This is the first day that I finally put her in an actual outfit. The rest of the days we put her in sleepers.


The first couple of days that we got back from the Hospital my mom and Nick took turns coming home and helping out with Livie and Kenzie. This is Nick and the girls heading out to go on a little hike up Maple canyon. He said that they did a really good job. They did about a mile and even Kenzie didn't have to ever be held.


I was getting a little stir crazy being in the house all of the time and Nick had to spray for bugs so we couldn't be at the house so we decided to take a little drive up to Fairview Lakes. It was absolutely beautiful Kali and I didn't make it out of the car but Nick my mom and the girls all went on a little walk up to the Madsen plot and I picked them up there. The flowers were amazing I wish that my camera could have picked it up a little better.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is beautiful. Three girls how fun, I am pretty sure that is what we will end up with to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie!! She is so beautiful!! What a cute little family you have. Congrats. We need to get together some time so I can meet her.

    ReplyDelete